Teams who scaled through the group stage of the UEFA Champions League have been drawn for the next round of the competition.
The UCL round of 16 draw will see Jose Mourinho’s struggling United take on French giants Paris Saint-Germain , while in form English side Liverpool will trade tackles with fellow five time winners Bayern Munich.
Current champions, Real Madrid will face Ajax as the Spaniards attempt to lift the trophy for the fifth time in six seasons, while Lionel Messi and Barcelona play Lyon.
Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City are up against Schalke, while Atletico Madrid, runners-up in 2014 and 2016, will play Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus.
Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund will meet Tottenham Hotspur, while Roma were paired with two-time former champions Porto.
- Bayern’s last encounter with Liverpool was the 2001 UEFA Super Cup in Monaco, the English club beating the European champions 3-2.
- Jürgen Klopp has faced Bayern more than any other team in his managerial career (29 matches): W9 D4 L16.
- Spurs beat Dortmund home (3-1) and away (2-1) in last season’s group stage.
- Real Madrid have won their last six games against Ajax, scoring 20 goals in that time and conceding just two.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in six previous meetings with Lyon, winning four and drawing two.
- Atlético are unbeaten in their last nine matches against Italian clubs (W7 D2).
- Porto overcame Roma 4-1 on aggregate in last season’s play-offs.
Road to the final
12/13 & 19/20 February: round of 16 first leg
5/6/ & 12/13 March: round of 16 second leg
15 March: quarter-final and semi-final draws
9/10 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
16/17 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
30 April/1 May: Semi-finals, first leg
7/8 May: Semi-finals, second leg
1 June: Final – Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid